Thursday, July 16, 2009

Good Bye Kyle

Well I have recieved many inquires on why I haven't been blogging. I imagine people are wondering my thoughts on Kyle leaving.

Well many of you know my nephew had been living with us. He came to live with us April 23rd (two days after Christian's 2nd Birthday), at the young age of 6 weeks. After about two weeks of increased unsupervised visits Kyle's Mom took him home to live with her in Albany on Thursday July 9th (the day before Matt's 33rd Birthday). To do the math he lived with us for 14 months and 2 weeks. Yes nearly his entire life.

Prior to this his Mother was having weekly 3 hour visits with him supervised, so he knew his mom well. I think he even looked forward to spend that time with her each week. Yesterday I received an update from the casework, say that he was "Happy."

We spent the first four days after Kyle left on a group camping trip, which has helped to keep our mind off that fact that he is gone. We often made remarks about how this years camping trip (we do this same camping trip every years with a several families) was the easiest. 2006 we had Christian 4 months, 2007 we had three kids (my niece Kiley was living with us), 2008 we had three kids (including a 5 month old Kyle), and this year 2009 just two kids, only a 3 year old and a 5 year old. I plan to continue to stay busy and keep my mind off him being gone. I bought paint for Nika and Christian's room, painted Nika's room (purple), plan to paint Christian's room next week (transformer Red), plan to go berry picking (I haven't done this since I was a child), and I plan to learn to can/make jelly.

With all that said, I am trying to keep myself busy. But I can feel it now, we miss him so very much. My heart is broken that my son Kyle is not with me. And I see little hope that we will see Kyle much. His mom, my sister-in-law, has carried a lot of resentment toward Matt and I. Over the last 3 1/2 years we have had one of her kids living with us 2 years one month.

Well please be praying for us (Matt, Meghan, Nika, Christian, Kyle, and Jamie (Kyle's Mom)), pray discernment of the caseworker (Kyle Shumaker (yes same first name), that Jamie can feed him, clothe him and provide shelter for him (she has made financial difficulties), and Health for Kyle and Jamie (Jamie has had several health trials the last year).

Last of all. Just because Kyle has left doesn't mean we won't see him again. If he does come back into care we are first in line for placement. Kyle's caseworker has promised me he will not allow Kyle to slip through the cracks. And if you ask God has proven time and time again that He watches over his children, especially Kyle.

Thank you for all of your love and support.

Meghan
Posted by Picasa

No comments: