Tuesday, January 04, 2011

2010 20 Qs

1. The Best Thing that Happened this Year?

Ummmm. Is it Sad I can't think of something? I can't think of just one thing. I feel better organized this year. I feel better about myself too.

2. Most Challenging thing this year?

Learning to teach Nika in a way that speaks to her.

3. Unexpected Joy?

I am happy! But what about? I don't know. I love my husband! I am truely amazed at how I do love him more each year. He and my kids bring me so much joy. But is that unexpected? I don't think so, or it shouldn't be. I guess I come back to finding Joy in seeing how I have grown in my ability to organize my house better. I think a lot of my organization had to do with going from having three kids down to two.

4. Unexpected Obsticle?

I hoped that Nika's difficulties in learning should not have been unexpected. But I was praying against it. But I am sort of proud of how I am learning to teach her in a way that is helping her. Teaching takes patience which as a Mom is hard to come by.

5. Three Words to Describe 2010?

Steady- Because we are working on the same things as last year
Up Hill - Because of challenges with Nika's learning
Same Old - Because this years seems the same as last year.

6. Guess Spouse's three Words.

Steady - because we are working on the same things as last year.
Rewarding - Matt excels at work and it is rewarding to have others notice.
Blessing - God Blesses us beyond what we would imagine.

7. Best Books of 2010

I am ashamed I didn't read as much I would like. But I read several young adult books I really enjoyed and listened to several books on Audio I enjoyed.

The Help
The Art of Racing in the Rain
Entire Percy Jackson Series

And the book I wished I finished before 2010 was Parenting By the Book

8. Most Valuable Friendships

This year has been a blessing in new Friendships.

The Richardson
The Gosnells

Old Friendship Grow

Rowles
Hammonds
Lundes

But I don't feel I have really been there for anyone or anyone has really been there for me.

9. Biggest Person Growth January to December

Less Disorganized and more confident.

10. Emotional Growth

I doubt myself less. I think Marriage humbled me. I thought I was pretty hot stuff. Marriage helped me to see my faults more vividly. I think I don't take my fault as personally as I use to. Just as areas of growth instead of "holes in my person."

11. Spirtual Growth

I wish I could say I had made spiritual growth a focus point this year. But I didn't. There was a period of time longer than any other before that I found myself capable of finding time to pray and read the Word. But it was not long lasting. I do yearn for that but find the lure of a warm bed so strong.

12. Physical Growth

This has been a good year for physical growth. For the first time ever I find myself spending more time thinking about what I eat and how much exercise my family and I are getting. But physically I have suffered with induring injuries. Back and Hip problems are been making daily housework painful.

13. Friendship Growth

I have seen a lot of friendship growth. New Friendships and Old ones deepen. But I still would like to have that one or two friends who I have such a strong relationship with that they challenge me to grow and I feel the freedom to challenge them to grow.

14. Enjoyable part of my Work

I had an oportunity to expand my work as a swim instructor to manage the swim lessons for four months. It was nice to see my excell at managing. I think it gave me a lot of confidence that I am not just a MOM, but I am a valuable resource to the community also. My work as a Mom and Wife has been more rewarding than ever before as I am seeing my kids learn and receiving complements from my husband on cleaning of cooking that I didn't hear before.

15. Biggest Challenge in my work

It was hard to see Matt and I working so much. Matt would work most tuesday and thursdays the last several months while I would work at swim lessons and we were able to connect on the weekend or a couple of workdays. There is just to much to do in such a small amount of time.

16. Biggest Waster

FACEBOOK. I did quit for a while. Maybe I should quit again. Thoughts?

17. Best Time Saver

Thank YOU Motivated MOM Checklist. You have made my year!

18. What I learned.

God takes me as I am.

19. Catch Phrase

Ummmm. I don't think there was one.

20. Summary

I don't want to do all this for my own glory. I had a great year, but what did I do for HIM. Did I do it in my strength? Yes. What can I do in 2011 if I do it in His strength? I will be unstoppable.

3 comments:

Andee said...

I liked your 20 Qs Meghan. Between you and Betsy, I might just be inspired to update my blog in the next few days. I look forward to more bonding with you in 2011. I loved hanging out with you this year!

SweetRowles said...

Can I steal your 20 questions? I might.

And by the way... you have REALLY been there for me. More than most any other since our move. I hope I've expressed that to you enough. Thank you.

WestMud said...

You can steal my 20 questions I stole it from a old friend who stole it from someone else.

www.simplemom.net. Her questions are slightly different than mine.