Sunday, April 22, 2012

Calvary Chapel Dusseldorf

Today we made it to Church.  I was a little anxious about heading to church, because I knew what would happen.  In reality being away from friends, church family, family, my own language and culture has been a shock.  Every time I have gone to a new culture, it has taken a bit of adjustment.  Culture Shock!  Well culture shock is different this time.  I have two kids with which I have to navigate with.  They miss their friends and culture at the same time I am.  They are uncertain of what to do in given circumstances too. I have been holding it together on my own, not with God's help and I knew going to Church was going to be my undoing.

The same songs as home, but with a different language (they did sing several songs in English), friendly faces who greeted me because of the love of God they had, sermon preached in English strait to my soul, and relief to know my kids were in safe loving hands where several of the kids spoke English and the teacher spoke English.  It was just to much.  But what came as a surprise was how God loves me so much even when I don't seek his help and encouragement.  God showed me how small his Kingdom is.  With a little jogging of my memory I realized 11 years ago I went on the same church plant as the Pastor and his wife.  We have three more Sunday to visit Calvary Chapel Dusseldorf and ALL of us are counting the days until we are back there again.