Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Second Flight

The kids did much better on our second flight. Unfortunately we were stuck in the middle of the plane, so we couldn't see much. The flight was long and the kids and I slept little. I started to get really nervous on the plane as the reality of what we were doing became known to me. All around us people were speaking German and I didn't understand anything. Going through Customs and Passport was a breeze. Everywhere in the Airport everything was translated into both German, English, Spanish, and Japanese. As we waited for Matt to get Cash and our Car Nika turned to me and said with relief, I can read everything . . . if only she knew we were about to enter the "real world" where it is expected you understand German and traffic signs which make no sense to us.

No comments: